2017 Panther Parents Association Scholarship
Through the generous support of Georgia State University parents, the Panther Parents Association has established a scholarship fund for association members’ students. Each year, the Panther Parents Association awards scholarships of $1,000 each ($500 per semester) to deserving applicants. Association members should encourage their student to apply for this scholarship.
Applications for the 2017-2017 Panther Parents Association Scholarship are now being accepted. Two scholarships are awarded. Applications for the 2017-2017 Panther Parents Association Scholarship are now being accepted. Two scholarships are awarded. To apply online, students should follow these steps:
- Visit Student Financial Services Scholarships & Grants page
- Under Scholarship Resource Center, select Search and Apply for Scholarships
- Sign-in using their Georgia State University Campus ID and password
- Select the Keyword tab
- Enter Parents Association
- Select Scholarship Details
- Enter Campus ID and password
- Complete application
Applications will be accepted until April 19, 2017 (extended deadline). To pick up a copy of the application, please visit New Student Orientation on the Atlanta (Student Center East, Suite 304) or Decatur (SF 2400) campuses. Parents can also request an application by email.
The following requirements applicable at the time of application and award:
- Applicant’s parent(s) or guardian(s) must be paid members of the Georgia State Panther Parents Association.
- Applicant must have a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA (failure to maintain a 3.0 GPA will result in the scholarship being automatically revoked).
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student at Georgia State University having at least 12 credit hours.
- Applicant must be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the university.
- Applicant must possess a strong commitment to and love for Georgia State University.
For more information, please call the Dean of Students office (Parent Relations area) at 404-413-1580 or 678-891-2380.